When you take a gift card to Walmart, you can use it to make purchases at any Walmart store or on the Walmart website. Here's what typically happens when you use a gift card at Walmart:
1. Shopping: You can select the items you want to purchase from the store or online. Walmart offers a wide range of products, including groceries, clothing, electronics, household items, and more.
2. Checkout: When you're ready to pay, go to the cashier at a physical store or proceed to the online checkout on the Walmart website. Let the cashier or the online system know that you have a gift card.
3. Gift Card Redemption: Provide the gift card to the cashier if you're at a physical store, or enter the gift card number and PIN during the online checkout process. The cashier or the online system will deduct the purchase amount from the balance on the gift card.
4. Payment Completion: If the purchase amount exceeds the gift card balance, you can pay the remaining balance with another payment method, such as cash, debit card, or credit card. If the purchase amount is less than the gift card balance, the remaining balance will remain on the gift card for future use.
5. Receipt: After completing the transaction, you'll receive a receipt that shows the details of your purchase and the remaining balance on the gift card if any.
It's important to note that specific procedures may vary slightly depending on the location and policies of the particular Walmart store you visit. Additionally, some gift cards may have restrictions or limitations, so it's a good idea to review the terms and conditions associated with your specific gift card before using it at Walmart.